Monday, February 4, 2008

Tularosa Sunrise - Opus 14 - A Song

Tularosa Sunrise at Sunset – A Song

A New Dimension

Tapping my toes
I hear the wind whisper
Bring out the castanets
Slap the drums
Slip on my skirt with ribbons
Turn up the music
Move my body
Move my soul
Move my mind
To a new dimension.

Clack, clack. stamp
It’s a heel, it’s a toe
Castanet’s burn
Running a gypsy rift
Through my puritan child
Open to another side
Of humanness
Move my touch
Move my heart
To a new dimension

Run up stairwells
Cars squeal on turns
Parking structures fracture
With the crackle of castanets
Borderless sound
Spanish spices
A Gypsy guitar
Fan tremolos
Move my ears
To a new dimension

Slide down hallways
Spinning in layers
Kaleidoscope colors
I’m illegal in fiesta
An imposter
With castanets
Telling tales
In rhythms
That move me
To a new dimension.

© Catalina 2008

Cathleen and Chris!

“Music, of all the liberal arts, has the greatest influence over the passions, and it is to which the legislator ought to give the greatest encouragement.”
Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments: